Washington D.C. Ecclesia | Learn to Read the Bible Effectively Seminar
Here's what you will learn...
- Who wrote the Bible? Where did it come from?
- How to remove the "mystery" which many religions cast about the Bible
- How do you use cross-references?
- How to learn more in less time with effective study tools
- How to get past the sometimes difficult language used in the Bible
- An overview of each book in the Bible in a concise, easy to understand manner.
- History and chronology (the order of events) in the Bible
- Tips to letting the Bible interpret the Bible
- How do you read carefully (e.g. Adam and Eve did not eat an apple)
- How do you overcome boredom when reading?
- Prove for yourself the Bible is not a work of fiction
- When an understanding of Greek and Hebrew can help and why it is not essential to Bible understanding
- How did so many interpretations of the Bible develop?
- What does the title "Christ" mean (and loads of other definitions to make Bible reading easier)?
- Why quoting a simple scripture is dangerous (and how to keep passages in context)?
- Who are the Jews? Why are they so important in the Bible?
- Why the Bible is intentionally difficult in parts and how it can be simplified
- When and how to gain an understanding of the book of Revelation
- Why are there four gospel accounts
- How the critics of the Bible "prove" their criticism
- What are the differences between Bible versions
- Why is there an Old Testament and a New Testament
- How to use a concordance and a lexicon
- A simple Bible reading plan to get you through the whole Bible in one year
©2009 The Worldwide Christadelphians